At the heart of the AIDS pandemic, Zambia is experiencing a complex set of circumstances that require action. Over 1 million children have lost one or both of their parents, resulting in 66% of the population being under the age of 25 and 95% under the age of 55. Additional complications including extreme poverty and lack of access to clean water compound the set of demanding issues facing Zambians.
Engedi partners in Zambia to alleviate suffering and injustice and spread the love of Christ. We are working with local churches to develop communities through local enterprise, community health, sustainable living programs, education, and awareness.
Engedi works with organizations which are developing and equipping orphaned youth through spiritual mentoring and vocational skills training. The MASTERS (Ministry and Skills Training for Emerging ReformerS) program is aimed at raising up orphaned youth to become passionate lovers of God, and to be leaders in their workplaces, churches, and communities. Noah Ministries operates homes for orphaned children. Program and child sponsorship opportunities are available with both organizations.
We also partner with Living Water International to bring clean drinking water to Zambia. Living Water International is a faith-based organization dedicated to bringing water—and the living water of Christ—to thirsty people in areas of greatest need. Through access to clean water wells, poverty is being reduced and improvements to the health, safety, and education of women and children are realized.
- Musele Basic School, Solwezi, Zambia
- Mangisha, Solwezi, Zambia
- Kamfumfula, Solwezi, Zambia
- Mashawu Benson, Solwezi, Zambia
- Solwezi Dist. NW Province, Kata, Zambia
- Solwezi Dist. NW Province, Nsonta, Zambia
- Solwezi Dist. NW Province, Nkhenyawuli Basic School, Zambia
- Solwezi Dist. NW Province, Mangisha, Zambia
- Solwezi Dist. NW Province, Kansazhi, Zambia
- Solwezi Dist. NW Province, Kamiili – Chikopa, Zambia
A few things you can do
• Pray – lift up the people of Zambia regularly in prayer
• Learn – find out more about the nation of Zambia through books, websites, and other resources
• Go – be part of a short-term trip to Zambia; consider how God may be calling you to go for a longer term
• Give – financially support short-term teams and initiatives which strengthen the local church
• Join – get involved with the Zambia Focus Team to further support our partners and help educate and equip Engedi.