Calling all revolutionaries.
When you make a commitment to partner with Engedi, you’re not signing up for a series of benefits or special privileges. You’re signing up to join us in our common mission: to advance the kingdom revolution of Jesus worldwide—and that isn’t exactly a walk in the park. It takes time and money and whatever talents God has given you. It takes patience and dedication and a whole lot of grace.Costco has members. The country club has members. Engedi has partners.We think it’s an important distinction.
But you’re not doing it alone. Engedi is a community of people who have committed to taking this journey together. And when you partner with us, you formally join us in the work that we do for God’s kingdom: In-the-trenches, dirt-under-your-fingernails, makes-you-sweat kind of work.
It’s not easy, but it’s good.
If you’re interested in partnering with us, the first step is to attend the Front Door Class.
Step 1. Attend the Front Door class.
A one-session class covers everything you need to know about partnership, answering questions and helping you begin the process of becoming a partner. Classes are led by elders from Engedi, and are offered twice each year. Sign-up for upcoming classes.
Step 2. Complete an individual study.
Prospective partners engage in a self-study that challenges each person to grow in areas related to Engedi’s vision. The guided study helps get you into the Bible, and helps Engedi’s leaders get to know a little more about you.
Step 3. Interview with a leader of the church.
Everyone who becomes a partner must first sit down with a church leader for a personal interview. This gives us a chance to ask you questions about your interest in becoming a partner, and it privately affirms your faith and your commitment to Engedi.
Step 4. Publicly affirm your partnership.
The final step to becoming a partner is to take part in a public affirmation at one of Engedi’s worship gatherings. You commit to the church, and the church commits to you. There is also a call to re-affirm your partnership annually.
Criteria for partnering with Engedi
- Confession of a personal experience of salvation through Jesus Christ
- Agreement with Engedi’s basic faith statements
- Experience of Christian baptism
- Willingness to support Engedi’s mission, values and practices
- A commitment to be intentional about one’s spiritual growth
- A commitment to be connected in biblical community
- A commitment to maintain unity within the church where Engedi has undefined positions
Benefits of partnering with Engedi
- Partners have the right to influence the key decisions of the church, including the selection of elder candidates and their affirmation
- Partners take part in periodic meetings where matters affecting the church are discussed and feedback is invited
- Partners receive priority in the allocation of finite church resources