Young Adults Worship Coordinator
Young Adults Worship Coordinator
Engedi Church is a young, diverse, passionate, and missional community of people who are committed to loving and serving God, our neighbors, and the world. We preach the Gospel, and we do our best to live it out. Since our inception in 2005, Engedi Church’s mission has been to advance the kingdom revolution of Jesus worldwide. We have identified five core values that mark the advance of Jesus’ kingdom in our midst (see engedichurch.com).
We believe God’s original dream for creation was to create a community of people who experience complete wholeness of mind, body, emotions, and soul in Him and deep, meaningful, and diverse relationships with each other. Jesus began His ministry by announcing He had come to bring good news to the poor, to release the oppressed, and to free the imprisoned. He called the experience of these realities living in the kingdom of God. The kingdom of God is an ever-expanding reality of those who are experiencing the restoration of what was lost at the Fall—harmony with God, within ourselves and within our relationships—all through the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus. While full restoration won’t occur until His return, Jesus invites us to both experience and extend restoration in the now. This is why Engedi exists.
The staff culture at Engedi is very healthy and recently scored a rating of 4.38 with the Best Christian Workplace Institute. This rating places Engedi into the “flourishing” category, the institute’s highest and best possible category when rating organizations from across the country.
Purpose of the Position
The main purpose of this position is to cultivate and lead excellent, Holy Spirit-inspired worship for Engedi Young Adults.
Skills and Qualifications
- Deeply committed follower of Jesus
- Affirms Engedi’s core beliefs, mission, values and life practices by word and example
- Passionate for worship
- Ability to carry out the vision of the ministry
- Effective administrative skills – including the ability to set goals, facilitate advance planning and effectively manage ministry and personal schedules
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Gift of leadership and desire to develop leaders
- Ability to recruit, develop and communicate with volunteers
- Team player – humble, willing to defer to others, supportive of other Engedi ministries
- Is a partner of Engedi or is willing to become one upon joining staff
- Is in a CABLE (small) group or is willing to become a part of one upon joining staff
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – Young Adults Worship Coordinator
- Oversee all aspects of the Young Adult worship experience including the band, vocalists, production team, rehearsals,, and service structure and flow
- Develop and empower other worship leaders Work with the Young Adults Pastor to plan future worship sets and review previous services
- Recruit, develop, disciple and schedule YA worship and production teams
- Work with Engedi’s Worship Arts Pastor to develop the overall worship culture, philosophy and structure
- Participate in other church-wide worship events throughout the year as needed (other campuses, conferences, retreats, etc…)
- Participate in monthly staff meetings (1st Monday of the month)
- Participate in most staff prayer meetings (every Monday)
- Participate in most Worship Nights
- Attend staff retreats (twice annually, one of which is overnight)
- Part time, 20 hours/week position including vacation and personal days, cell phone reimbursement, subsidized onsite daycare at Holland Campus, solitude days, and matching 403b contributions
- Reports to the Young Adults Pastor