God created us—all of us—as a community of people who experience complete wholeness in Him as well as deep, meaningful relationships with each other. But God’s dream was shattered by our attempt to live life without Him, alienating us from God, from ourselves, and from everyone else.
Jesus is the solution. He began His ministry by announcing that He had come to bring good news to the poor, release the oppressed, and set the prisoner free. These are what it looks like to live in God’s kingdom, which we experience through the restoration of what was lost when we first turned away from God.
We believe that full harmony—with God, within ourselves, and in our relationships—will not completely happen until the promised return of Jesus. But we are invited to experience restoration and to extend it to others, right here and right now. We’re invited to advance the kingdom revolution of Jesus worldwide.
WE BELIEVE IN GOD
- Almighty Creator, Sustainer of all, both seen and unseen, the heavens and earth
- One God in three Persons, each fully God, in perfect community with one another
- Eternal, unchanging, all-knowing, and good; perfect in justice, beauty, and love
- At work saving, restoring, and guiding creation and the Church toward God’s kingdom
WE BELIEVE IN GOD THE FATHER
- Immortal, invisible, sovereign, holy, loving, and wise
- Who spoke all out of nothing and breathed life into man
- Who loves each of us with an unconditional and eternal love
- Protector of the unprotected and adoptive Father of all who trust in His Son
WE BELIEVE IN JESUS
- Son of God, Word became flesh, born of a virgin and without sin
- Messiah, Lord, Savior and the fulfillment of Israel’s story and Scripture
- He suffered, died, was buried and rose triumphant over sin, death and Satan
- Ascended into heaven and seated at the right hand of the Father
- He will return to judge and establish God’s kingdom
- His life, mission, and teachings are the ultimate pattern for life
WE BELIEVE IN THE HOLY SPIRIT
- Spirit of Truth, sent by the Father and Son, moving throughout the world to convict and renew
- Counselor, Teacher, Giver of gifts, Comforter, Helper, the one source of true worship
- Drawing us into God’s triune communion and transforming us into Christlikeness
- Uniting the Church for the glory of Christ
WE BELIEVE IN THE CHURCH
- One body and beloved bride of Christ, the hope of society and culture
- A countercultural presence of God’s kingdom in this world
- Worshiping together, proclaiming the Good News, and bringing restoration to the world
- A fellowship of mutual love, life-sharing, and sacrifice
- Called to make disciples of every nation, and to teach them to love God and others
WE BELIEVE IN THE HOLY SCRIPTURES
- Divinely inspired revelation of God penned by human hands
- Truth without error in its original form
- Communicating God’s mission and heart from creation to consummation
- Revealing that God is at work in this world in a people; Israel, the Church, the kingdom of God
- Our lamp and guide in faith and life, each book pointing to Christ
WE BELIEVE IN THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS
- Rebellious in nature and action, each person is subject to divine judgment
- In Christ, God became fully human to redeem us fully
- Through His sacrifice on the cross, Jesus took the just wrath of God in our place
- We died with Him; He died instead of us and for our benefit
- His death liberates us from sin and systemic evil, and justifies us
- God’s grace, through faith alone, brings healing; today in part and fully to come
WE BELIEVE IN THE LIFE EVERLASTING
- The resurrection of Christ broke the bonds of death and ushers in new creation
- Resurrection hope while in this world and beyond this life
- The triumphant return of Christ and the resurrection of the body
- Bringing judgment; eternal separation from God or eternal life on the new earth
- The final establishment of the kingdom of God; of peace, justice, love, and holiness
- Where every tribe, tongue, and nation join together to worship God and enjoy Him forever!
LIVING OUT AN ACTIVE FAITH
We want to be a community that lives what we believe. These five practices serve as guidelines for a way of life that best helps us live in and share the kingdom of God. They also form a convenient acronym: CABLE.
Care for the poor and vulnerable as we extend compassion.
Acknowledge our journey with one another as we pursue authentic community.
Bless our world with servant-love as we share good news about Jesus.
Listen for God’s voice and learn from His Word as we follow Jesus with our whole lives.
Eat with others who are culturally different as we seek multicultural friendships.