YOUNG ADULTS COORDINATOR
Purpose of the Position:
The primary role of the Young Adults Coordinator is to support the Young Adult Pastor by meeting the coordinating needs of the ministry in order to advance the kingdom revolution of Jesus worldwide.
We are looking for a leader who is passionate about helping young adults connect in community and encounter God in powerful ways during our Thursday night gatherings. We want someone who is able to assist in leading in pastoral but proactive ways; someone who loves connecting with new people and rally’s others around them to advance the kingdom of God. This person is a great team builder and will assist in developing the young adult teams both spiritually and organizationally. The leader we are looking for understands how to influence and reach both believers and the spiritually curious. Their desire is to make our Thursday night experiences always point to Jesus. If this gets you excited, we want to talk with you!
- Deeply committed follower of Jesus
- Affirms Engedi’s core beliefs, mission, values and life practices by word and example
- Team player – humble, willing to defer to others, supportive of other Engedi ministries
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to recruit, develop, and communicate with volunteers
- Strong organizational skills
- Commitment to confidentiality when handling sensitive information
- An active partner of Engedi or is willing to become one upon joining staff
- Tithes to the local church (Engedi)
- Has completed the Journey class and is in a CABLE (small) Group or is willing to complete the class and become a part of a group upon joining staff
- Assist in coordinating and overseeing the Young Adult ministry (ages 18-29) needs (CABLE Groups assimilation, Volunteer team development and recruiting, Thursday Night Programming and Special Events).
- Communicate and coordinate with the Thursday night ministry team leaders/coaches to ensure all details for services are confirmed.
- Assist in identifying, recruiting, developing and empowering Young Adults team leaders/coaches.
- Assist in managing the department’s communications and marketing.
- Assist in implementing strategies for young adults to connect into CABLE groups.
- Assist with general staff and receptionist duties as needed.
- Participate in twice a month staff meetings (1st and 3rd Mondays of the month).
- Attend staff retreats (two times a year).
- Part-time, 20 hours/week position including vacation and personal days, cell phone reimbursement, and matching 401k contributions
- Reports to Engedi Young Adults Pastor
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits for you and your family
- On-site daycare
- Matching retirement plan
- Assisted oversight of young adult ministry budget
- Flexible work schedule
- Opportunity for growth and development as a leader